Chatswood Stud’s Daft:
775 lots have been selected for the truly irresistible Melbourne Premier Sale.
“Record entries were received this year enabling our bloodstock team to be very selective on type and conformation, which is so important to buyers today,” said Peter Heagney, Inglis Melbourne Director.
“It is certainly encouraging that year after year the quality keeps improving, but what is additionally pleasing is to see the horse’s sold at the sale match the sale ring results,” Heagney adds.
In the last ten years the stakes winners to lots sold ratio from Melbourne Premier has risen 44%.
“We are now offering twice as many yearlings, but the sale is producing nearly three times are many stakes winners,” Heagney points out.
Star graduates in 2013 include:
• Black Caviar –World’s Equal Highest Rated Racehorse for 2013. Undefeated winner of 25 races, including 15 Group 1s.
• Stepitup – Singapore’s Champion Three-Year-Old elect. Winner of eight of 11 starts
• Fawkner – Caulfield Cup winner
• Escado – South Australian Derby winner
• Costa Viva – New Zealand One Thousand Guineas winner
• Sertorious – Zipping Classic winner
• Arinosa – Sapphire and Premiere Stakes winner
• Dylan’s Promise – Clairwood Gold Circle Oaks winner